Ben & Jerry's Out of Israel's Illegal Settlements
css buttons by Css3Menu.com
Ben & Jerry’s:
Stop your Complicity in Israel’s Occupation and Illegal Settlements
Vermonters for Justice in Palestine
Calls on Ben & Jerry’s to:
Until Israel ends its occupation and colonization of Palestinian lands in compliance with international law:
- End the marketing, catering and sales of Ben & Jerry’s products in Israel and Jewish-only settlements in occupied East Jerusalem and the West Bank.
- Stop manufacturing ice cream in Israel.
- Issue a statement (a) calling on Israel to end its occupation and settlement enterprise and (b) appealing directly to other socially responsible companies to do likewise and to cease business operations in Israel and its illegal settlements.
Boycott Divestment & Sanctions:
Click here to send a message to
Ben & Jerry’s headquarters in Vermont.
Ben & Jerry's that its complicity in Israel’s military occupation
and illegal settlements is wrong and must stop!
In Solidarity with the Palestinian People
Vermonters for Justice in Palestine's
opposition to Ben & Jerry’s business practices in Israel and occupied
Palestine is motivated by the grave human rights abuses being committed
by the State of Israel. We are are also aware that in 2005 Palestinian
civil society called for an international campaign of boycotts, divestment and sanctions (BDS) against Israel until it complies with three rights codified in international law.
- End Israel’s occupation and colonization of all Arab
lands and dismantle its separation wall;
- Recognize the fundamental rights of the Arab-Palestinian citizens
of Israel to full equality; and
- Respect, protect and promote the rights of Palestinian refugees
to return to their homes and properties as stipulated in United Nations
|Ben & Jerry’s CEO,
Jostein Solheim, said in an interview:
“My mantra that I’ve
repeated a hundred times since starting at Ben & Jerry’s is: ‘Change
is a wonderful thing,’.... The world needs dramatic change to address
the social and environmental challenges we are facing. Values led
businesses can play a critical role in driving that positive change.
We need to lead by example, and prove to the world that this is the
best way to run a business. Historically, this company has been and
must continue to be a pioneer to continually challenge how business
can be a force for good and address inequities inherent in global
Vermonters for Justice in Palestine agrees:
The world - including Israel-Palestine - needs “dramatic change.”
Let’s start by ending the occupation!